Parenting program available for parents of 9-18 year olds!
Are you scared of the years ahead, not knowing how to navigate the teen years?
Scared they will go “off the rails”?
Did you know that third most RAPID growth period a person experiences is between 10-12 years old?? Do you think this might impact behaviour? Teen years commonly start earlier these days as we understand how they grow, change and develop.
Do you want to have a “tune up” on your parenting skills? There is a significant shift in focus when we approach these years. Want to learn more?
Would you like to learn how to:
- be better at talking with your teen?
- be better at understanding your teen?
- help your teen learn to manage their emotions?
- help to prevent behaviour problems in your teen?
- teach your teen to deal with conflict?
Tuning in to Teens shows you how to help your teen develop emotional intelligence. Adolescents with higher emotional intelligence:
- are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- have greater success with making friends and are more able to manage conflict with peers
- are more able to cope when upset or angry
- have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
- have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
- have greater career success –
- Emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ!
This program is a six week evidence based program for parents of 9-18 year olds run for 2 hours per week. It was developed by Mindful Centre at Melbourne University.
The program will teach you how to manage your own and your adolescent’s emotions in ways that help you to remain close and keep communicating. By learning these skills, you are less likely to have as much conflict within your family and your teen is more likely to talk to you about the challenging issues they face. These are factors that have been found to reduce the risk of mental health and substance abuse problems.
Investment: $347 per person or $547 per couple. Early bird discount may apply.
Interested? Register your interest for groups in Melbourne here!
Six week program:
Face-to-face program available. Next program released in early 2020.
NOT from Melbourne?
Unique LIVE ONLINE series!
Six week program starting in 2020 in February and July.
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
Monday February 3rd – March 9th, 2020 8pm-10pm
Monday July 27th – August 31st 2019 8pm-10pm
Investment: $297 per person or $447 per couple.
Bookings open Dec 16, 2019
If you would like to join future programs, fill out below:
Please contact me if you have any questions